Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Maryland Zoo


Show off
Originally uploaded by jevans1120
So I'm just sitting around the house, bored when all of the sudden Mommy says, "Let's go to the zoo!" I thought to myself, "We were just at the zoo." But Mommy said, "I'm going to take you to a different zoo. We're going to go to the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore.

So around 1:30 we hoped in the car and took off for Baltimore. I was pretty happy the whole time. I did start to take my seatbelt off while we were on the JFX but Mommy caught me before I got the first arm through. She reached around behind her while she was driving and pushed my arm back through the seat belt. This did not make me very happy.

Once we got to the zoo, we got to take a tram into the main part of the zoo. I enjoyed the tram ride. I held on tight to Mommy at first but as we got further along on the ride, I got braver. I eventually got the courage to just sit next to Mommy and just keep my hand on her leg.
Decided I could sit on my own
The first thing we did when we got there was check out the polar bears. One of them was swimming and you could see him through the glass. He would push off the wall and swim backward on his back and then turn around at the end and swim forward on his tummy. He did this over and over and over. I had fun watching him.
Polar Bear Swimming
The next thing we saw is a pretty white snow owl...
Owl
and some ravens. The ravens were saying "Caw! Caw!"
Ravens
We saw a vulture. Mommy didn't like him very much.
Vulture
I got to watch a turtle creeping by me.He was the most eye-catching thing I saw today. Most of the time I just wanted to eat my snacks.
Neat
When we got down to the giraffe area, there was this one big giraffe named, "Angel.' Mommy and I got to feed him. Don't worry it was allowed. You pay $2 and they give you this little tree branch and you stick it out and she grabs it with her long tongue. I LOVED it! I made the same happy noises that I make when I see my doggies!
Tongue
Next we were off to find the elephants and came across these funny penguins. I really liked the penguins. I had to stand on my stroller to see over the wall to catch a sight of them.
Purdy PenguinPenguins
Then it was on to the elephants. They had several different elephants walking around but this one they called, "The Bachelor."
I Love Elephants
After the elephants we stopped by to see the Rhinos.
Rhinos
I was much more interested in eating at this point.
And whats Elaina doing
Mommy said it was time to go even though we didn't get to see everything. But that's okay! That leaves more to see the next time we come back! I love the zoo.
Thanks, Zoo. I've had a good time
On the way home we passed the hospital Mommy was born in.
St. Agnes Where I was born!
And saw a beautiful evening sky. What a great day!
Perfect ending to a perfect day

No comments:

Swagbucks