Saturday, May 16, 2009

Road Trip


IMG_0178
Originally uploaded by jevans1120
Today we traveled to North Carolina. Mommy and Daddy spent the morning packing and cleaning. We left around 1:30 in the afternoon. We are headed to N.C. because little baby Kayleigh died and Mommy and Daddy want to go to the funeral.

Baby Kayleigh was born last June, three months early. She had a lot of medical problems and went through a lot of procedures and surgeries. Unfortunately, she didn't make it after the last procedure. Mommy and Daddy read Kayleigh's blog all the time and when Kayleigh's Mommy and Daddy wrote that they would like to have anybody at the funeral that can make it, Mommy and Daddy decided they would go.

Miss Kristie and Mr. Nathan, who are friends of my family, offered to let us stay with them. We spent nine hours driving down to their house. We made a bunch of stops so I could stretch my legs. We took the exersaucer so I would have a familiar toy to play with. We even stoppped one time and they let me play in it in the trunk for awhile to get my wiggles out. You can see me in it in this picture. Somebody put my hood up and said they think I look like an Ewok from the movie, "Star Wars."

We got into Charlotte around 10:00 at night and Miss Kristie showed us where to sleep. I got to sleep in her pack and play. She has a white noise machine that helped me sleep. I really like being there. They have a cute doggie that I like to try to grab. He makes me giggle. He's little compared to my doggies. I liked making friends with him.

No comments:

Swagbucks