Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Grandparent Curse


Grampa and me
Originally uploaded by jevans1120
Anybody that has had kids has heard of this thing called the "Grandparents' Curse." Basically, it's believed that you because you your parents trouble when you were little they wish that your kids give you the same kind of trouble so that you will know what it's like.

Gramma and Grampa tell Mommy and Daddy all the time that Aunt Becky was a difficult sleeper and a busy body, not Daddy so we can only guess that Mommy must have been the stinker because I don't like to go to sleep...EVER. A little person like me is to sleep at least 12 hrs a night plus one or two naps a day.

Mommy and Daddy are thrilled if I will go to bed before 9:00 PM. Usually, I scream, cry, stomp my feet, jump up and down. I know I'm not even a year old yet but I know how to throw a temper tantrum. Nobody has to teach me this.

Mommy was so frustrated she called for reinforcements. Grampa came over and she gave him the task of getting me to sleep. I knew he'd met his match because I'm a tough customer and when I don't want to sleep, I'm not gonna sleep. Grampa knows this about me. So you know what he did? He played with me until I passed out in his arms.

Grampa and I had the best time. I showed him how good at walking and climbing I was getting. I showed him my plastic tub of toys and how I like to sit in it. He and I had a good time playing together and Mommy and Daddy didn't care as long as they could get their work done. They just hope that every night isn't going to be like this one.

No comments:

Swagbucks