Since we were in Boston, she got a chance to see me interact in a different world. She thinks I'm ready for big kid toys now. So we went out today running errands which included the hunt for some new things for me.
Our first stop was to eat lunch at Pot Belly. It's a great sandwich place. Mommy didn't realize this but they don't have too much for kids there. She ordered me a peanut butter and jelly and they put it in the toaster oven! They said that unless she asked them not to, that they toast all their sandwiches. That peanut butter was SOUP by the time we got it to the table. They made her a new sandwich free of charge and didn't toast the second one but I only ate on bite any way. I was too busy eating chips.


After lunch, we went to pick up Mommy's computer from the shop. It needed a new screen. The computer people fixed it for her while we were in Boston and they called to let us know we could pick it up.
Finally, we visited Toys-R-Us. They are getting ready to move in to a bigger, newer store across the street in October so they decided to put everything in their store on SALE! Yay for me!
We got an art table that I can draw and paint on. I like to sit on it, too, just to watch Blue's Clues. It's a great height for me. We got blank paper and crayon's that are triangles so they don't roll. I like putting the crayons in and out of the little pink cups.

We also got these neat paints that are little balls that have paint in them and they have little brushes that stick out. I can grab the ball with my fist and just paint away and it's all washable. Mommy tapes down any paper that I color or paint on. I don't get to play with my crayons or my paints unless Mommy is right there and as soon as I get up, she puts it all away. I don't know what she's worried about. It's not like I'm going to paint Gaylaaa.....

Then I got to play with Play-doh. Mommy's friends have warned her that Play-doh can be really messy. Again, Mommy stays right with me the whole time I have it in my hands and I'm not allowed to get up from my art table. I like to pull it apart. It's fun. Mommy rolls it into a ball and I pull it apart. Repeat. It's a good time. I like play-doh because it's squishy.

Then Daddy came home and he put together my best new toy yet.

The pieces were all wrapped up in this bubble plastic.

I helped him put it together.




Mommy said that may have been too much helping so she tried to distract me with Blue's Clues but I think she distracted Daddy, too.

I had to go to bed before my new toy was finished. I can't wait till tomorrow to see what it is!?!

No comments:
Post a Comment